Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pictures

It was my fault for not writing this post last night, b/c I tossed and turned all night long.  I value and respect the art of writing so much that if I have something to say and don't say it right then and there, I don’t sleep well.

I was looking back at my life and the life of people I know, and I'm sure many can agree that some people do not belong in your life (not then and definitely not now).  I'm not being mean, unforgiving or nasty...I'm just being myself and speaking from the gut.  Nothing bothers me more than those who want to be a part of your life when you look like you have it together.  So we all raise the questions: Where were you when I had no money?  Where were you when I needed help?  Where were you when I was lost and you were there watching?  Where were you?  Where the hell were you? 

So I get it.  I get it when people shun others away and find it to be the toughest task in the world to re-welcome them back into their lives.  Who are you to take part in my laughter when you never asked why I was crying?  Who are you to accompany me when you were ashamed to be next to me?  And who are you to talk to me now when you were busy talking to others about me than?

So I get it.  Obviously, if you're not there when the pieces are broken, then you sure don't deserve to be there when the picture is complete.

-HH

1 comment:

  1. De verdad! People are always around when life is kosh. They are the tourists in life. A true friend doesn't close the carry-on and walk away during the storm. A true friend has carved a home for themselves in your life and will face all, sink or swim, because they have made it their own :)

    ReplyDelete