Monday, March 19, 2012

Dental Debacle

The cause of a 4-hour Dental Debacle:  Stupid Girl at American Dental: “It’ll be $90 for the cleaning and $60 for the X-rays.”  Me: You told me over the phone its $90 for the cleaning (not a problem), but free exam.  Stupid Girl: Oh, ok…so you want the exam and x-rays for free today? Me: Uh, yeah.  (30 minutes pass by after I’m done w/my x-rays and taken to the dental cleaning room looking all comfy).  Stupid x-ray lady: I’m sorry sir, you put down you had Rheumatic Fever and we won’t clean your teeth unless we have consent that it’s safe.  Me: I had my teeth cleaned 3-4 times since I had Rheumatic Fever, I’m fine.  Stupid x-ray lady: We’ll need something from your doctor then.  Me: I don’t have time; I want my teeth cleaned today.  (We go back to the stupid girl at the front desk).  Stupid Girl: They can fax us something saying it’s safe to clean your teeth.  Me: All I can do is fax over a letter from the previous dentist that they knew about this and it was safe to clean my teeth.  (I call and the smart lady says: That’s foolish…you don’t even need to be pre-medicated for that, but I’ll fax what we’ve done).  Stupid Girl: That’s not enough, this doesn’t help us.  Stupid doctor comes out: I’m sorry, I can’t do anything…this involves your heart.  Me: I told you and to them (multiple times) that I had my teeth cleaned 3-4 times and I can fax over proof that I had work done way after having Rheumatic Fever.  Stupid Doctor: We need consent from your doctor who diagnosed you.  Me: (with the nastiest look on my face): Oh, you want a fax from the doctor in Sylmar, California who saw me 3 years ago?  That’s not going to happen.  He doesn’t have time for that and neither do I.         

P.S. Sears Dental (opposite end of the mall) was more than happy to take me and my Rheumatic ass right on the spot.  They were $11 cheaper and offered free whitening.  And they say why people go on rampages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment