Saturday, July 5, 2014

No more moping around.

I walk over two guests, one of them in a wheelchair.   They were both adamant about sitting at the bar and I was more than happy to seat them there.  I asked the young lady in the wheelchair if she wanted me to help her get on a bar stool.  She said, "Yes, please."

As I looked at them from the host stand every now and then, their fun was undoubtedly genuine.  But my soft spot for the young lady only grew when she turned to the bartender and said, "I love this.  This is all I wanted." 

For years, I have ALWAYS had an appreciation for people who have to physically make an effort to go out.  Mainly because they make the most out of their stay.  But today was different.  When I heard the lady mention how happy she was, my appreciation for her grew.  Unfortunately, my disappointment for the people who mope around and complain incessantly about things they have control over also grew.  The people who can get up and effortlessly do things for themselves, are usually the ones first to complain.  And those who have to make the effort, are the ones who make life seem effortless and not worthy of a complaint.  

Isn't life interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment